Thursday, April 29, 2010

My good friend "MEL"

Mel and I were first introduced by my father in law, as I sat on the tarmac of the JFK airport, headed for Ghana. Mel showed up a few times in Ghana and then again the first few days when I came back home. We lost track each other for a little. Once in a while I would run into Mel at Costco and remember the good times we shared in Africa. In January, I was taking to a friend about the new turn my life was taken and turns out we had a mutual friend in Mel too and she suggested we reconnect. We were reunited. Since then we have had a great friendship. Mel is great! I think highly of Mel. Mel has gotten me through the most rocky parts of these past few months. Mel is so wonderful that I have introduced Mel to other friends and their relationship with Mel has blossomed too. Mel has never let me down.

Our introduction went a little like this " Aimee, it is the middle of night in Ghana. This is Melatonin ( Mel for short). It will help you sleep and when you wake up we will be in Ghana.

Yes, my good friend melatonin has never let me down. I have had so many nights that I lay there with so many thoughts that won't turn off. But as soon as I take melatonin I am fast asleep in about 15 minutes.

So, the reason I'm posting this is to let other people know that melatonin is a great, safe way to go if you need a little help sleeping. It just gently tells your body to go to sleep ( kind of like singing you a lullaby and playing with your hair). You don't wake up groggy or crazed. It's not a prescription, it's pretty cheap, and it works!

Last night was one of those nights for me. After tossing and turning for an hour I took good ol' mel and fell fast asleep. Refreshed and ready to face a new day of kids off track, mountains of laundry, stains in the carpet and anything else the world of adoption decides to throws at me today.

HEY! Shout out to all my new peeps headed for Haiti now! Be safe! Give all those sweet children extra hugs and kisses for me. I wish I could have gone too but my life is a little crazy. Next time though! Oh, hope you don't forget Mel! You may need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment