Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lies, lies, lies lies and oh, more lies!

There is little group of remarkable women that have been fighting tooth and nail for LH. They have founded nutritional programs, educational scholarship programs, even adopted from LH. They believed K was a a noble man trying to do good in a country stricken with poverty and the children who suffered the most from it. As the past few days unfold we learn more and more about his lies and deceit. I am lucky I never had to deal directly with him on the matters of adoption, but he still broke my heart with his lies. I fell in love with two children, who I was told had no family at all. Then, when K's lies all started coming back to haunt him he ran from the authorities taking the two boys with him. He turned himself in but still no boys. Rumors are swirling that he took them back to their parents. So, he lied about them then, or he is lying now...who knows. Nothing makes sense to me anymore. Even if they are with parents then do they have food? Social welfare is supposed to follow up on this. I don't know what to think.
I have agonized over this for months. I can not even put words to the amount of pain I have felt these past months. I am grateful to those who know my heart and kept me in the loop. I am grateful for friends who talked me out of very dark moments. I am grateful for every prayer that was uttered in their behalf. It's still not over for me until I have confirmation that all is well with those sweet spirits.
There is still a huge mess to clean up,
Truth to get down to,
Stories to figure out
and hearts that need to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment