Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Driving Miss O'Brunie (April 13, 2009)


At first glance this is a pretty frightening scenario...okay, second and third glance too.

I am not sure if they police or what but my heart started to pound a little especially when they noticed the white girl in the car behind them and the staring began. So I mustard all my courage and gave a big ol’ smile and wave and they all laughed and waved and smiled the rest of the way. Not only did I feel better, I felt like thy would’ve jumped out and defended my honor if anybody threatened me.



Can you figure out which way to go? I love the stop sign bent in half.



Young men pull these carts everywhere( i think its a job to deliver goods or something) and if you notice the name on the cart it says something about God. All the businesses say something spiritual like “Jesus loves you welding and scrape metal” or “He died for you tires”.




Everybody is selling something. Hockers wait at every traffic light to knock on your window and sell you something...some are more polite then others. This Lady is selling Plantain chips. She was running to and from every car and that basket did not move an inch. But with the Hockers comes the beggars too. Tammy kept her car stocked with cookies to give to them instead of money. That was a sad thing to see because they usually had pretty apparent disabilities.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment