Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Accra, Ghana Temple (April 14, 2009)

What A Beautiful Day this day turned into. By the time the day was finished I would see the church in a whole new way. We woke up and got ready to go to a session in the Accra Temple. It sits here on church property with the mission offices, Church Administration office and apartment you can rent while you are visiting from a village or city far away to do your temple work. As always views of the temple are breathtaking and the landscaping was immaculate.

When we entered the temple they were delighted to see us and to hear that we were President Snows children. As Tammy showed us where to go, she introduced us to everyone along the way. They were all smiles as they greeted us with handshakes, a few hugs and some “Akwaba’s.”

Just as we were getting settled they told us that a bus load of people had arrived from some neighboring villages a few hours away to receive their endowments. We geared up for the fact that we would probably need to wear the headsets in order to hear the session translated in English, but instead they left it in English and hustled around for quite some time finding headsets for all the others. We found out that they spoke a few different languages...such as Fanti.

Now, I thought those Africans were beautiful before, but I was memorized how beautiful they looked in the temple. There dark skin next to those brilliant white clothes, plus, when they smiled those big pearly whites ( they have amazingly white teeth) they would melt my heart.

To attend the temple with my African Brothers and Sisters was an amazing experience and one that I will never forget. I learned so much from them as well as from the spirit. Some of the things I came to realize are to sacred for me to share with you on this blog but I will tell you this...

I know, without a doubt, this church is true. I know I was sitting beside my spirit siblings. The love that I felt for them was bursting from me so much that I could almost not contain myself. I know, though my mind could not remember them, my spirit did. I know they are choice people, saved for these latter-days to build the kingdom of God in Africa. I could see that they were truly princes and princesses of our Father in Heaven. They renewed that sense of royalty in me and I will always try to remember who I am as a daughter of deity. It does not matter what kind of home we come out of. It can be a tin shed in Budabura, a brick bungalow in Ada or 7 bed/ 4 bath in Riverton. Sitting in that temple I knew that I was were I needed to be and they were my family doing our Fathers bidding. I am so grateful to travel anywhere, especially to Africa, and sit in the house of the Lord, where I belonged and know that everyone there knew what I knew, felt what I felt and loved the Savior. This true church is growing in unbelievable ways and in unbelievable circumstances. It can only be possible because it is the Savior church on earth in these days and nothing will ever be able to stop it. ...

What A Beautiful Day!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment