Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How much good can you do with four grand?

I gave TC a call and asked him his advise for how to best distribute our funds raised. He is with Utah Haiti Relief and has been going down every few weeks. I told him two things had to happen.
1. The money needed to be used for children.
2. They money needed to be used where it was needed the most.
He told me some of the orphanages are doing well but he has received calls about some that are on their last bag of rice and needing help. He is going down to evaluate the situation. He also told me of this sweet 3 year old boy he met last time he was there. How he needed to get a hospital ASAP. TC is leaving with a team on Thursday to return to Haiti and find those needs. He is also going to see if this sad little boy is still alive and if he can get some treatment. I have told TC to keep in touch with me. He will keep me posted on where our money will be best used. I will post all that here.
Since we originally started this for Foyer De Sion some of the money will still go directly to them. They also received all of the supplies and food donated too. That went on a container Saturday and should be well on it's way to them. TC will hand deliver their part of our donation to him this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment