Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mothers for Haiti Fundraiser

Um......who can raise $3,680.34 for orphans in Haiti within five hours.....we can!

Yes, the fundraiser was a huge success. The weather was awesome. It could not have been better. I am so grateful for all the wonderful women who helped out and became some of my newest and dearest friends. Each of them are on their own journey of adoption and each has a remarkable story of hope, faith and endurance. I am so grateful to know you all. You all helped me get through a very painful and emotionally hard time. You were glimmers of light in some very dark days I have had these past months.

HH, I love you so much and I am so grateful the Lord brought you and your sweet daughter into my life to remind me of things I could not afford to forget and keep my eyes looking to the horizon of Ghana!
SH, You are so incredible and kind. I love seeing your two beautiful babies and hope of things to come. You are always worried about me and all your inquiries made me feel so special.
AT, You are such a "get'er done" kind of gal and I needed that so bad. Thanks for stepping in when you knew I was overwhelmed and easing some of my load.
HG and LT, thanks for all your help. You are powerful women to me and I look up to you both for what you are doing right now in your very homes.
CW, ST, and CH, thanks for all your insight. You are great women and I am grateful to have crossed paths with you!
SD, Thanks for stepping in last minute and helping out. I hope you felt a little healing and more hope return to that sweet heart of yours.
AL, You rock. You are like a sister to me and I knew I could count on you to help me. THANK YOU!!!!!
NB, I love you ! You are the greatest. Your spirit just shines out of you. I know you will find what you are looking for!
DW- You need to know how much love I have for you. You are the tool the Lord used to point me into the right direction. Thank you for being humble enough to hear that prompting and make that connection. Thank you for sharing it with me when you did. I believe your words were "This could be nothing but ..." Well, we know it was nothing after all and you will always have a welcome seat in my home and hug waiting in my arms.
KB and AW- thanks for just showing up to do whatever was needed! Your awesome!

Thank you to everyone else who came to help, support, and give. I saw old friends and new friends, family and strangers who all just wanted to do what they could and help. Together we made a big difference.
I am so blessed to know wonderful people. The Lord has surrounded me with the best! My heart is full of gratitude and love for all of you. I know we will keep working together to ease the burden placed upon the heads of the innocent around the world.

I am so looking forward to our SUSHI night!






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Aimee,
    Thank you for inviting me to be a part of this incredible fundraiser! I loved meeting you and hearing your remarkable story. Good luck with your adoptions. I hope to cross paths again in the future!

    ReplyDelete