Monday, May 3, 2010

The End and a Beginning

A few days ago, I could do no more then dream of the day I would be able to write a blog entry and know without a doubt who my children were. It has been a heart wrenching two weeks for me. I felt I could go no further. I knew I was at my breaking point. My friends were concerned because I did not want to do anything. I did not feel like being the social butterfly I am. I could not even get out of bed in the morning except to check my inbox and after finding it empty, would crawl back into bed, even more defeated.
Then came the good tiding from Ghana. The boys were safe! I'm pretty sure I heard angels singing. My heart raced and flooded with joy. As my friend Deann will attest to, I was overcome as looked at the pictures of the boys just taken hours ago in front of the Ghana temple with their new foster dad. "Has Heaven ever made more beautiful children than those two" I said to her with tear rolling down my checks. I think that is when I knew my answers to all my questions I had been asking the Lord.
Many things proceeded to happen following that day and by Saturday R had been given some heavenly insight too and his heart finally caught up with mine. "Let's do it!" he said. I don't think I have ever loved him more then that minute!
I will not blog about our adoption anymore on this site. This site began as a way for me to express my feeling about the world and I have also made it a source of humanitarian efforts. It will continue to be so and I will continue to post about all the efforts I am involved in with Haiti plus the growing needs to help the displaced children of LH. However, now that we know exactly who we are adopting, I will only blog about the boys on our family blog. They are my family now. The link is on the sidebar or you may click here. I have also gone through my older post and taken out names and details for more privacy.
I am so blessed. I am so happy. I know this is where the Lord has been leading us. Thank you to everyone who prayed. I received so many comments through email and facebook and in person. I know I have had a good support network and ask you to keep praying because it is not over until I have that paper in my possession as I board an American bound plane with two of the most perfect boys holding my hands!
This is the end of my quest to find my children but the beginning of my adventure to bring them safely home!

1 comment:

  1. I knew it and you knew I knew it! I'm so very very happy for you. If you ever get half a minute, give me a call with some details. Love you!

    ReplyDelete