Monday, February 15, 2010

THE PLAN

Its been a hard to sit and wait. Most of you know, I do not do well just sitting. I am not sure of anything right now even though I know My Heavenly Father is sure of everything. I am putting all my faith and trust in him right now.
So this is the plan for now. We sit and wait for For Every Child in Haiti to accomplish what they are trying to do. If they can't get those kids out by the end of March then I am pretty sure it will not happen. I hope it does, those kids needs the stability that comes with a home, family and food that magically appears on the table three times a day (okay, I know its not magic but I'm pretty sure my kids think it is). I know that everyday that goes by with no progress in Haiti means the chance to get those kids becomes more difficult. By the end of March we will know if Haiti was the actually the prompting we had or just a way to turn our heads and lead us back to Ghana. If nothing happens we will go ahead with a Ghana International homestudy and try to get the boys. The families I have spoken to who have adopted out of LH have all told me a time line from 6-8 months. So hopefully we would have them in our home by Christmas. Thats if everything goes according to my plan.
Here is the other problem. Well, one of the other problems because there are many obstacles that could fall on our path. The one I am addressing right now is the problem of money. The Haitian adoption is being veiwed as a humanitarian adoption so they are keeping all the fees under the $10,000.00 federal tax credit. Since they are looking to place a lot of children all at once they are talking about arranging a payment plan since not a lot of people have that kind of money to spare. A Ghana adoption would have similarities as well as different finacial problems attached. LH is trying to get them placed quickly because their needs are high and the fact that they are sibling and should remain together. The cost for adopting them will is $$, keeping it under the tax credit as well. However, Ghana makes you file the Visas in person which means a trip to ghana not once to pick up the children, but twice. When I went in April it cost R and I $4,000.00 for 2 round trip tickets. Plus, I will need to add 2 one way tickets to bring them back totaling $10,000.00 if R goes with me on these two trips. I will have to add the $680.00 each to file the two immigration forms. I may be quoting this wrong and if you know differently please let me know but from what I understand this is what we are looking at. I am sure we could find members of the church in Ghana to stay with while we are there so hopefully we would not have to fork out a ton for lodging as well. I have made my concerns about money very clear to Heavenly Father. I know that if this is suppost to be it will happen and the means to bring them here will be there.

Thanks to all my good friends that are reading this blog and care enough to follow me through this journey. You are awesome! Please keep these children in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Aimee your story sounds like mine right now. We felt prompted to adopt when everything with Haiti happened. We had always talked about it and wanted to adopt but all the sudden we knew the time was NOW. We are waiting to see what happens in Haiti too and our plan is to go through foster care if those children aren't able to leave Haiti. It is SOOOOOOOOOOO hard waiting. I think that is why I am working on the Families for Orphans Act. So I don't feel like I'm waiting. If you want to read a bit about our own personal journey right now you can check out my family blog. meetfamily.blogspot.com. It's nice to find a mom going through what I am!

    ReplyDelete