Friday, March 12, 2010

Mothers for Haiti

I am organizing a fundraiser with a group of women who I have meet since the earthquake. We are calling ourseles "Mothers For Haiti". Our fundraiser will be held either the 10th or 24th of April. It will be at the Roi Hardy Park in Riverton from 10-3. We will have a yard sale, bake sale, live music, kids area and boutique with lots of cute stuff. We are also having a silent auction for business services and gift cert. Women who have been to haiti as adopting parents or nurses will be there to educate and talk about the needs they saw. It is going to be great. If you can donate anything that we can sale at one of these areas, or would like to just donate money please contact me. But please, more then anything, plan to come and enjoy the fun and help support these children in Haiti. All the money will go to get needed food and supplies to Foyer de Sion orphanage. Read the world according to aimee for more details. If you feel passionate about this and want to be a MOther for Haiti, please contact me too.

I wanted to share with you part of a letter I recieved from Senator Hatch...

Due to human trafficking concerns, Haitian government officials have taken steps to crack down on the movement of children, at times instituting temporary suspension of permission for any orphan to leave the country. In response, the US Citizenship and Immigration services, Deptartment of Homeland Security, the US Embassy in Haiti and the State Deptartment continue to to react to changes circumstance, temporarily suspending consular and immigration service in Haiti including the issuance of immigrant and non immigrant visas when required.
The U.S. Deptartmant of State is working with Haiti to set up a model and mechanism to work through these difficult circumstances so that the issuance of necessary documents can continue when appropriate. USCIS is continuing to vet humanitarian parol cases and paperwork so that whenever allowable these children are ready for issuance and travel. Rest assured, I continue efforts to secure the safety and well-being of these innocent and helpless children.

I kind of already knew all this but the reason I wanted to post it was to ask for your prayers. I have seen many miracles happen and with no doubt in my mind it was because of the prayers of countless people. Haiti is not in the news anymore, there for not in our minds anymore. Yet, they continue to struggle for life. These children need to be in a home with a mother and father who love them and can provide stability for them. Please pray for the government to come to a point were they feel confident again to begin granting leave to these children. Please pray that these children will remain healthy and strong until the time comes for them to be with there family. Please pray for the great people in Haiti who sacrifice the little that they have to protect and care for the motherless.
I know that the Lord is behind this and aware of all that is hapening. There is no doubt in my mind that these pre-documented orphans will come out of Haiti and be united with there forever families. I know that the Lords timing is different then mine but non the less, the waiting for news is hard because I know it is supposed to happen. I have heard too many stories and felt the spirit way to often for this not to come to pass.
These children have never drifted from my mind. They are one of my first thoughts and my last as I lay my sleepy head on pillow. I close my eyes and see brown faces. I try to picture my childrens faces as I scower articles and blogs from Foyer De Sion. I know heavenly Father is driving me to do things, hence Mothers for Haiti. I have already looked back and seen they way he has prepared me for my new children to come to my home.So I will pray a little longer, a little harder and a little more often.
If you are wondering about where I am on the Africa path. I can tell you that trees and branches have fallen all over the path and its not looking very probable right now. On the other hand I feel the lord turning my heart and Head back to Haiti. Things could change again, I am sure it will, but thats were I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment