Monday, March 8, 2010

Huge Fundraiser underway!

The shipment on the 5th has been moved to this week so if you have stuff and forgot to bring it...you still can get it to me and I will get on the truck! Thanks to all the mystery donors who have left things on my porch. Its like Christmas to me.
Also...I am so excited because I have volunteered to organize a huge fundraiser for Foyer De Sion. This money will be used to make purchases in Haiti for the orphanage and hopefully lift some of the financial burden from Guesno and Majorie Mardy, who sacrifice everything for those children. (If you are new to my blog and want to read more about this remarkable couple please read the entry entitled article on foyer de sion.)
The Fundraiser will be a carnival like event at The Roi Hardy Park in Riverton. The date has not been set but we are looking at the 2nd or 3rd Sat. in April. Hopefully it will be warmer weather by then. There will be a yard/rummage sale, craft boutique, bake sale, kids area with bounce house and face painting, food, live music and education about Foyer De Sion and the children. It is going to be great! I hope everyone will come and support this cause. It means a lot to me. I am grateful for those ladies who have agreed to help me. I love you all already! The great part about this event is that everyone should be able to donate something...we need your items to sale in the yard sale(spring cleaning), boutique (come on my crafty friends), and your cookies and treats (Alisa, that means you). If anyone has any connections to people that have bounce houses and stuff like that please let me know.
My goal would be to at least make $3,000xx. Please help me do that!!!!

Last request. DOES ANYONE READ THIS BLOG? If you do will you become a follower or leave a post and give me feed back. You know... ideas, encouragement, comments on the MJ music (nice comments please about MJ I love him and I 'm still in mourning) Please pass this sight to others and help me get the word out about the fundraiser. I will post more details as soon as they are set.

Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. I wish I could read this post, but for some reason it comes up with strange hyroglyphics!! Anyway, I still want to say that you are AMAZING as ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to copy this into Word and then put it in a different font, but I read this. I'm so excited about a fundraiser and I can't wait to help! I know I can bring stuff for the bake sale and I can post the info. on my blog and spread the word around. I'll talk to you later about what else I can do. This is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I changed the font on this entry. I hope its the only reason you can't read it right. Tell me if it still crazy.

    ReplyDelete